Presentation of Strategic Crime Analysis Report
In this assignment, you will create a 8–10 slide PowerPoint presentation, in which you brief Gotham Police Department and city officials on the elements contained in your strategic crime analysis report (from Unit 6). Review the Creating a Presentation: A Guide to Writing and Speaking media piece and the Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations Campus resource for tips and tutorials.
Develop a PowerPoint presentation that will be used to brief the Gotham police and city officials on the elements contained in your strategic crime analysis report (from Unit 6). Ensure that you include the following slides in your presentation:
- Purpose: Include the reasons for the presentation.
- Scanning step: This step includes confirming that the problem exists, determining how frequently the problem occurs and how long it has been taking place, and identifying the consequences of the problem.
- Analysis step: The problem-solving process begins with researching what is known about the specific problem type and potential responses. For the purpose of the assignment, the city has focused on preventative police patrol and has not involved other stakeholders in the response to crime patterns.
- Response step: Recommend stratified policing techniques in preventing and controlling crime. These techniques will include methods to educate and involve community members and other stakeholders.
- Response analysis step: Recommend methods for the evaluation of the response strategy. How will the police department determine whether the response reduced or eliminated the problem? What statistics would be used to complete the analysis?
- References: Use a minimum of three sources and current APA style and formatting, paying particular attention to citations and references.
PowerPoint Presentation Requirements
You will use the speaker's notes section within the PowerPoint slides to provide all the information relevant to each slide, which you would otherwise present verbally.
Each slide must have no more than 4–5 bullets and each bullet must have no more than 4–6 words. Use graphics liberally throughout the presentation but ensure they are appropriate for the content provided. For more information on creating an effective PowerPoint presentation, review the media piece and the Campus resource given in the resources.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.