- Review Chapters 2, 3, and 4 in The Ethics Challenges in Public Service, paying close attention to the exhibits in each chapter. Think about the ethical dilemmas presented.
- As you review these chapters, also pay close attention to and assess the ethical problems portrayed in the case studies at the end of each chapter: "A Sign of the Times," "Real or Perceived?" and "The Contract."
- Select one of the case studies and assess whether the ethical dilemma was caused by an individual, an organization, a situation, or a combination of the three.
- Then consider how the ethical problem might have been avoided or mitigated with ethical leadership.
- Choose one of the case studies "A Sign of the Times," "Real or Perceived?" and "The Contract."
1-2 Pages APA
- Write a brief description of the ethical dilemma presented in the case study you selected.
- Explain how individual, institutional, or situational causes—or a combination of the three—led to the dilemma.
- Justify your response with references to the Learning Resources.
- Finally, describe two ways that this dilemma could have been avoided or mitigated by an ethical leader.
Support Assignment with specific references to the Learning Resources.
- Course Text:
The Ethics Challenge in Public Service
- Chapter 2, "Obeying and Implementing the Law"
- Chapter 3, "Serving the Public Interest"
- Chapter 4, "Taking Individual Responsibility"
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.