The subject organization may be your workplace, an organization that you are familiar with, or an organization discovered in your research. Information about the subject organization must be publically available and properly referenced in your work.
Based on your analysis, write an assessment about the subject organization’s OM strategy and practices. When writing the assessment, assume the role of a highly-regarded operations management professional commissioned to review, analyze, and describe the organization’s OM for achieving increased sustainable business value. Your assessment should address the following key elements:
- Subject Organization: Name and briefly describe the subject organization in this section, including its mission. In this section, at least one in-text citation must refer to a source in your reference list that can be accessed by the reader to learn more details about this organization.
- Operations Management: Define OM and relate the subject organization’s mission, operational strategy, and productivity measurements; compare and contrast OM with project management.
- OM Forecasting: Define forecasting in the context of OM, identify the subject organization’s forecasting methods and practices, relate the Seven Steps in the forecasting system to the subject organization, highlight potential ethical considerations related to the subject organization’s forecasting, and recap applicable lessons learned based on your forecasting simulation experience.
- Define Operations: Define design of goods and services and relate it to the subject organization, and highlight OM process, location, and human resource strategy in the context of the subject organization.
- Quality Management: Define quality and identify common OM quality management best practices, identify the subject organization’s quality management methodology, and recap the applicable lessons learned based on your quality management simulation experience.
- Supply Chain Management: Define supply chain management (SCM), designate the subject organization’s SCM strategy and explain the basis for determination, describe the subject organization’s use of technology for SCM, identify potential SCM risks and SCM ethical considerations related to the subject organization, and recap the applicable lessons learned in your supply chain management simulation experience.
- Inventory Management: Define inventory management, its importance, and common inventory models; identify the subject organization’s inventory management practices; identify potential ethical considerations related to the subject organization; and recap the applicable lessons learned in your inventory management simulation experience.
- Aggregate Planning: Define sales and operations planning (S&OP) and relate it to the subject organization; define materials resource planning (MRP) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) and relate to the subject organization; and describe the subject organization’s use of technology for aggregate planning.
- Lean Operations: Define lean operations, identify the subject organization’s lean operations practices, relate strategic importance of maintenance and reliability to the subject organization, and identify an OM innovation to improve the subject organization’s operations for competitive advantage.
Your essay should address the following requirements:
- Your well-written OM assessment essay thesis should be 12-15 pages in length, which does not include the title, reference, of appendix pages.
- Cite at least six current scholarly resources to support your assertions and conclusions.
- Include an appendix for tables and figures.
Please write clearly, concisely, and cohesively; use section level headers to organize the key elements of your thesis.
PLEASE WRITE BASED ON A Product-Based Operations Management Assessment
The purpose of the Portfolio Project is to apply your synthesis of current research about operations management (OM) to a global product-oriented organization. For your Portfolio Project, you are required to select a global organization that has a predominately product-oriented mission as the subject for your OM assessment.
ABSOLUTELY NO PLAGIARISM!!!!!!
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.