SIMNET® PROJECT BEST PRACTICES
- Alwaysuse the project instructions provided onlineand follow them in order.
- Alwaysbegin a project with the Startfile; do notstart using a file that you created yourself.
- Alwaysuse the correct version of the MS Office software to complete your project.
- Alwaysuse a single spaceafter punctuation at the end of sentences; do notuse two spaces.
- Do notopen your start file with the browser-based Office 365 Web Apps.
- Do notcopy and paste any part of the project unless specified in the instructions.
- Do notswitch between Windows and Mac computers while completing your project.
- Do notinclude the SAMPLE SOLUTION watermark in your solution file.
Determine Your Version of Microsoft Office
Different versions of Microsoft Office have different features, menu options, themes and styles. Use the correct version of the MS Office software to complete your project. Microsoft Office 365/2019 projects must be completed using Microsoft Office 365 or Microsoft Office 2019.
To complete a project:
STEP 1: DOWNLOAD THE PROJECT FILES AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS
Download the files needed to complete your project assignment.
Download the REQUIREDproject files using the links in the 1. Downloadsection. Click the Start Filelink to open or save the file in which you will complete your project. Click the Resourceslink to download the additional files you will need to complete your project. If the Resourceslink does not appear, your project does not require additional resources.
To download the REQUIREDproject files using the Download Wizard, click the File Download Wizardlink in the 1. Downloadsection. When the Download Wizardopens, the project start file will download automatically to the downloadsfolder on your computer. Click the Download Resource Bundlebutton for resources. If the Download Resource Bundlebutton does not appear, your project does not have any additional resources. In the last window of the Wizard, you may choose to download the Solution Filepdf, Best Practicesfile or Skipdownloading any files. When done, click the CLOSEbutton the close the Download Wizard.
Your start file will be automatically renamed to include your name. Do all your work in this file and only this file!Open your downloaded start file.
After opening your start file, view the project instructions on screen by selecting the View: Instructionsbutton.
Project instructions may differ between Office for Windows and Office for Mac. In this case you will see Windows/Macswitch in the instructions. By default, the selection matches your type of computer. Many projects don’t have instruction differences between Office for Windows and Office for Mac. In this case you will see the message “These instructions are compatible with both Microsoft Windows and Mac operating systems.” Use any Resourcesas instructed to complete the project.
Follow each instruction using the instructions online. After you complete each step, click the check box next to it to track your progress. The next unfinished step in the project will be highlighted yellow. If you would like to clear all of the check marks to start again, click the Reset Progressbutton.
The instructions may be printed by clicking on the printer icon. You may print to PDF by selecting the print to PDF option in the print dialog. The method and availability of the print to PDF option differs based on the operating system version.
Review your previous submissions by clicking the View: Previous attemptsbutton. Depending on what your instructor has made available to you, you can view your previous attempts to see where you lost any points to improve your score on the next submission.
STEP 2: UPLOAD & SAVE THE PROJECT
Once you have finished your project file, you need to upload & save it to SIMnet.
Click and drag your file to the 2. Uploadsection. Release the file in the yellow area.
Click the Upload my filebutton under 2. Uploadsection. Select your file in the File Explorerand click Opento upload it.
In the Submit Uploaded file?dialog, click No, I’m not ready,to save your file to SIMnet. If you have uploaded a file previously, this new file will replace it. Once you’ve uploaded your file, you can download it again from the SAVED FILElink in the 3. Submitsection, by clicking the file name link.
STEP 3: SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT FOR GRADING
Once you have uploaded your project file, the Submit Uploaded Filewizard will also let you grade your file immediately by clicking Yes, submit the file. If you select No, I’m not ready. in step 3, you can just click the Grade my filebutton to submit your project for grading.
Once the project is graded a Project Resultspage will open. You can filter the results by Correct, Partialor Incorrectanswers.
To Download files from the project assignment page, click the filelink in the REQUIREDor OPTIONALsection under 1. Download. Then follow the instructions for the browser that you are using.
If you’re using Chromebrowser
- The file will be downloaded to your downloads folder automatically.
- To open your file, you can click the file namethat appears at the bottom of the browser window or click Show allbutton and select the file you want to open.
If you’re using Firefoxbrowser
- Select Save File in the What should Firefox do with this file? section of the download window and click OK. The file will be saved to the Downloads folder on your computer.
- In the Downloads window, double-click the file name to open it. Or click the Display the progress of ongoing downloads icon at the top-right of the browsers window and click the file name to open it.
If you’re using Safaribrowser
- The file will be downloaded to your downloads folder automatically.
- Click the Show Downloadsicon at the top right of the browsers window and double-click the file name to open it.
If you’re using IE 11
- Click the Savebutton in the Do you want to open or savedownload bar. The file will be saved to the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Click View downloadsbutton to open the downloads window.
- In the View downloads window, click Opennext to the file name to open it.
If you’re using Edgebrowser
- Click the Save button in the What do you want to do with bar. The file will be saved to the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Click View downloads button to open the downloads window.
- In the View downloads window, click the file name to open it.
Extracting Resources.zip Folders
- From the project page, click the Resourceslink.
- Savethe zipped folder file by following the instructions for your browser as listed above.
- Navigate to the Downloadsfolder on your computer.
- For Macusers, double click the zipped folder to extract it, then double click the extracted folder to open it.
- For PCusers, right-click the zipped folder file you just saved and choose Extract All…from the menu.
- In the Extract Compressed (Zipped) Folderswindow, click the Browsebutton and navigate to a new folder, if you want to save your extracted folder in a different place than suggested.
- Click the Extractbutton to extract the folder.
- Double click the extracted folder to open it.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.