Actual question: Does hate crimes and dating violence a problem in juvenile behaviour and barrier to mental health services in adolescents?
Select appropriate data-collection methods for a given research question.
The Method section for the Research Proposal in this course will have five subsections: Participants, Apparatus/Materials, Procedure, Measures, and Ethical Considerations. Apart from these subsections, there should be no other material in the Method section.
Under “Participants,” the population to be sampled should be clearly described and the method of sampling (random, stratified, etc.) described along with the rationale for why that method will be used. How the actual recruitment will be performed to achieve that sampling method should also be described.
“Apparatus/Materials” will describe any equipment or other materials that will be needed for the research. If you intend to use a questionnaire or inventory, it should be clearly identified and discussed here.
The “Procedure” subsection must be completed in enough detail to ensure that someone else reading the Method section could replicate the experiment exactly as proposed. Referring back to the recipe metaphor: if the recipe does not clearly and exactly describe every step, each person using the recipe is likely to wind up with a very different product at the end (overcooked, undercooked, with the wrong ingredients or the right ingredients but the wrong amounts, etc.). The procedure section should also clearly indicate what type of experimental design is being used (for example: “quantitative, between-subjects design”).
The “Measures” subsection describes the variables being assessed in the study. Describe the independent (predictor) and dependent (criterion) variables, how they will be analyzed, and how you will assess the reliability and validity of these measures.
The final subsection, “Ethical Considerations” will discuss appropriate ethical issues that might arise from performing the research being proposed: informed consent, privacy issues, etc. Do not simply give a laundry list of the APA standards or a vague statement that they will be followed: discuss them in terms of yourproposal and how you will ensure that you are in accord with the guidelines. If there are BACB guidelines that might also come into play here, they should also be discussed.
There is a template Documents ATTACHED. It includes additional advice and suggestions and is formatted properly. Please use the template.
To recap in an outline format:
- Formal title page
- Method section
- Participants subsection (describing population to be tested, describing sampling plan)
- Materials subsection (describing all equipment and materials needed)
- Procedure subsection (detailed description of how the research is to be done, sufficient to permit replication. Clearly label research design)
- Measures subsection (describing variables to be controlled/measured as well as a discussion of reliability and validity)
- Ethical considerations subsection (discuss APA ethical guidelines with respect to how they must be implemented for the research. ABA students should also discuss anything relevant from BACB guidelines.)
- References (materials from this page and the ATTACHED written paper references page will be concatenated Project Question)
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.