Comparing and Selecting Forensic Tools
Suppose you were recently hired for a new position as the
computer forensics manager at a medium-sized communications
company. One of your duties will be to analyze, test, and select
forensic tool standards for the company.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the five (5) categories of tasks performed with computer forensics tools and provide an example of a software tool that performs each task.
- List the questions you would ask when evaluating and selecting forensics tools. Select the question you believe is the most important and provide a rationale.
- Explain how a comparison table can assist a decision maker when analyzing computer forensic tools.
- Select one (1) Windows-based and one (1) Linux-based forensic software tool and create a comparison table analyzing the functions and sub-functions of each.
- Describe the benefits of the NIST’s CFTT project and how it can assist decision-makers in analyzing and selecting forensic tools.
- Create an expense budget for the tools you would consider utilizing at the company and provide reasoning and planned function of the selected tools.
- Note: Submit the expense budget as an exhibit for the assignment. It is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts created in Excel, Word, or one of their equivalents such as OpenOffice. The complete charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Compare and contrast the various types of computer forensic tools.
- Use technology and information resources to research advanced issues in computer forensics.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to computer forensics planning using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.