Enslavement & Resistance Class Essay
2000 Words minimum
Please turn in 1 page of essay outline and at least 2000 words for the essay.
Essay Outline (thesis statement, topic sentences, bullet points
really important (Separate page) attached you can find an
example of a proper outline
MLA format + work cite page
Have a proper introduction and a thesis statement reflecting
Explain details of the enslaved person's message and what they
mean, and by using what writing strategies they delivered their
notdo a summary paper of the narratives.
Essay #2 Prompt:Compare at least two narratives of the enslaved and suggest what messagethe author convey and what strategiesthey use to accomplish this.
- Please use the resources below and any other *academic* sources through the library.
Enslaved Person Narratives
- Search the Slave Narrative Project | Library of Congress https://www.loc.gov/search/?in=&q=slave+narrative+...
- I Was Born a Slave : An Anthology of Classic Slave Narratives- Yuval Taylor and Charles Johnson - https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/csueastbay/detail.action?docID=762616
Barracoon: the story of the last "black cargo" - Zora Neale Hurston
author(On reserve in CSUEB Library)
- Autobiography of Omar ibn Said, Slave in North Carolina, 1831.Said, Omar Ibn - Dwight, Theodore - Omar Ibn Said Collection (Library of Congress) - LCCN Permalink: https://lccn.loc.gov/2018662630
- Search the Slave Narrative Project | Library of Congress
- The story of Biddy Mason(who helped to build Los Angeles)
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl. -Harriett Jacobs
Students can use at least two of the following terms to discuss writing strategy. If there is a strategy not listed below that a student would like to use they can email me to get feedback.
- thick description (which often parallels imagery)
- self-reflection (during or after)
- appeals to audience/reader emotions
- appeals to audience/reader ethics
- appeals to audience/reader logic
- language choices
- sentence structure
- voice and tone
- attitude toward the subject
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.